Saturday, June 25, 2011

Origin of the Sun and Moon: Mastering

Here's a quick note to everyone who may be anticipating a new album from me: music for my first solo album, The Origin of the Sun and Moon, is finished, and has been sent for final mixing and mastering! This is probably the most exciting part of the process for me. I hand over the music in all of its giant files, sound bites, and fade folders, and I get sent back more polished versions for approval and final tweaking.

The fabulous Will Dyar (of the 'band' Hills and Host Skull) has accepted the task of smoothing out the rough edges on 12 tracks that are a travelogue of experiments in sounds and music from Iceland. Will has a great ear for what I like (read: more more more handclaps!) and I can't wait to begin this part of the process. Hoping for a release date somewhere around August 1.

No comments: